Sunday, October 24, 2010

What Are We Searching For?

Wish I could throw up some pumpkin sketches for you - that might drive some traffic to this blog. If only I had some graphic art skills.  The number one online search item in America, according to Google Trends, is "printable pumpkin carving patterns." In my day we didn't use the Internet to carve our pumpkins.

I go back and forth in my mind - are we becoming more creative because of the Internet, staying the same or dulling our capabilities?

Everyone is twittering about Peyton Hillis. The NY Times nonfiction hardcover list hasn't changed since the last time we looked. The liberal satirist Jon Stewart still holds first place and the conservative commentator Michael Savage is in second.  How many readers separate the number one read book compared to number two? I have no idea. But Stewart has been there for four weeks - Savage has been there for only two. We'll see what happens.

Stay tuned for the review of newspapers around the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment